LENS > CINE LENS > COOKE Set
The Panchro Prime Lens Set by Cooke comes with an illustrious heritage: most Hollywood films made in the first half of the 20th century were shot with Cooke lenses, many of which were Panchros. Now, Cooke has revived the brand with a new set of lenses that further extend the company's reputation for quality into the digital era. These lightweight, cost-effective companions to Cooke's already established S4/i lenses carry over the most desirable features of their more expensive brethren, sacrificing only a single T-stop in the process. And yet with their aperture range of T2.8 to T22, the Panchros remain extremely flexible, making up for light sensitivity with reduced size, weight, and cost.
This set of 5 lenses is a prime (no pun intended) example: their PL mounts make them compatible with the most commonly used professional digital cinema cameras, including the RED ONE, Sony F35, and Arri D21. Color-matched and interchangeable with all Cooke lenses, each of these lenses combines classic, hand-fitted construction with a linear iris, cam-style focus, and /i Technology--which provides EXIF-like data to camera operators, cinematographers and post-production technicians requiring precise measurements of lens and camera settings.
Panchro optics, meanwhile, are beyond superb--controlling flare, distortion, veiling glare and spherical aberrations with the aperture wide open. This combination of unmatched image quality, state-of-the-art technology, and cost-effective durability make these lenses the perfect tool for multi-camera shoots, 2nd unit photography, stunt work or filmmakers on a budget.
- Optical Design
- The optics are designed to give maximum performance at full aperture with superior control of flare, distortion and spherical aberration.
- /i Electronics
- A cable connector near the lens mount and contacts in the mount sync with /i compatible cameras and accessories.
- Color Balance
- All Panchro prime lenses are color balanced to a specification within parameters approved by Kodak.
- All Panchro primes have a true T2.8 aperture and cover Super 35mm format.
- Index Marks
- Every index mark is labeled. More detailed markings allow for more detailed focus control.
- Focus Movement
- Our Academy Award-winning cam-style focus movement, coupled with the added benefit of a large lens barrel diameter, has allowed for an increased number of focus markings, particularly at close focus. Spherical aberration has been controlled throughout the range of focal lengths to eliminate compensation of changes in back focus with aperture. A four-point contact bearing provides a smooth, positive, backlash-free movement.
- Focus Scaling
- Large, clear numerals on both sides of the focus barrel benefit the focus puller when shooting under difficult lighting conditions.
- All Cooke Panchro primes have a common fixed front diameter of 87mm, with a focus drive gear of 121T x 0.8 mod and an iris drive gear of 119T x 0.8.
- External Finish
- A scratch resistant PTFE hard anodized finish is provided on all Cooke lenses, providing a durable, hard-wearing surface to meet the most demanding environmental conditions.
- An eight-leaf linear module iris assembly is fitted into Panchro primes with an aperture range of T2.8 to T22.
- Weight/Size Ratio
- These lenses are designed for all shooting applications, including handheld and Steadicam, providing a comfortable balance ratio with the latest compact cameras.
- Reliability & Service
- Panchro prime lenses are designed to meet a market requirement for fully reliable performance with a minimum of downtime.
Search in the rent section: